Sunday, September 16, 2012

You can't go home again, but you can call your book "The Home"

After much deliberation and debate (mostly consisting of reading tea leaves and sacrificing a goat to the oracle of smart marketing), I've decided to release THE HOME under the title of ...tah dah, drumroll...THE HOME!

While that may seem like a no-brainer, there are several good reasons to go with my preferred title of "Troubled" (which is the title I used for the non-US ebook release, since I held all rights except US/Canada.) Now that all rights are reverting to me, I can call the shots. I didn't like the publisher's title because I felt it was rather uninspired, although many people say The Home sounds creepy and mysterious.

And of course, it's kind of a horror handle to put "The" in front of everything. The Fog, The Ward, The Orphanage, The House, The Asylum, The Mall, The Gas Station, etc. (If you read October Girls, you can see me having a bit of fun with this, with movies titled things like "The Bloodening.") Tip of the cap to Bentley Little, whose market my original publisher was obviously chasing.

The main reason to stick with The Home is to support the movie script being shopped by North of Seven Productions. So The Home it shall be until a better reason comes along. Already available for Nook, KoboSmashwords and Amazon UK, the U.S. Kindle release will be at the end of September.

Since you're special and rare, you get a free advance ebook copy if you like. You don;t even have to write a review, although I will follow up with an email with the link once the book is live, in case you feel so inspired. I don't expect to make this free anywhere else at any time, so it may be the best chance to grab it. To get your copy before the red carpet rolls out, bang an email to hauntedcomputer AT yahoo.com.

Oh yeah, about the book...controversial experiments at a group home for troubled children stir up paranormal activity...and the ghosts are former residents of the home from its days as an insane asylum.
###

3 comments:

Debra said...

Great book..read it as Troubled :). Very spooky and haunted...I hope they make it to a movie and stick to book. Excited for you Scott.

Author Scott Nicholson said...

Thanks, Debra. The movie is out of my hands and, frankly, I'm glad!

BBQ Recipes said...

Great reading your poost