Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Amazon's covers for the Fear series: Thomas & Mercer rocks it


Don't look now, but here are the covers for Liquid Fear and Chronic Fear, from Amazon's Thomas & Mercer imprint. After winnowing through a few choices, I really like this unconventional thriller presentation. But if we continue the series, we may run out of face!

The paperback or audiobook of Liquid Fear can be pre-ordered at Amazon or Barnes & Noble, or bug your favorite bookstore to stock it. Chronic Fear can be pre-ordered for Kindle, paperback, and audio or for audio and paperback at Barnes & Noble. Release date is Dec. 20!

13 comments:

David Gaughran said...

Dare I say it, but I think these would look fabulous as paperbacks piled up on a table in a bookstore.

Really nice covers, definitely not thriller-by-numbers.

David H. Burton said...

These look awesome!!

JL Bryan said...

Looking good! And I agree the nose, mouth, and ears won't be quite so intense as covers.

author Scott Nicholson said...

Thanks, David G, I thought it was important to be rather...unconventional.

David H, I really like working with Amazon.

Jeff, just wait until you see what we do with "You got a purty mouth..."

SBJones said...

Very nice covers.

Moses Siregar III said...

Incredible. Congrats!

Neal Hock said...

Great-looking covers, Scott!

-Neal

author Scott Nicholson said...

thanks SB, Moses, and Neal. The best thing about working with Amazon is it's fun!

Rabid Fox said...

Snazzy stuff, man.

Griffin Hayes said...

Hi Scott,

I concur. Great looking covers. I've heard Amazon is awesome to work with. I was tempted to say something about you being a lucky guy, but then I stopped myself. Luck's got nothing to do with it.

author Scott Nicholson said...

Glad you approve, Gef!

Griffin, I wish I were a genius, but it's just luck--right place at right time doing the right thing!

Jay Noel said...

Holy crap, those are awesome covers.

author Scott Nicholson said...

thanks Jay, I like the evocative simplicity of them.