As a the owner of a cottage industry called Haunted Computer Books, I spend my days tweeting, blogging, boarding, networking, revising, writing, and attending the many tiny details of a dreamer's life. But this dream is real, and I can't forget how cool it is. So I offer for your consideration, and God's, these simple wonderful things:
1. The wall between me and my reader, and me and the author I am reading, is now so thin as to be blurred.
2. I don't have to ask anyone's permission to attempt the most spectacular and impossible literary or publicity stunts.
3. If you and I agree, we don't have to share our direct personal transaction with anyone--you can buy my books on my site and I send with a thanks. You are my boss, and I trust you.
4. Digital books will soon put almost every word ever written, and the sum of human knowledge, right at our fingertips, and at a low cost--or free.
5. The weirder I am, the happier I am--old rules no longer apply, nor the fear and control that go with them.
6. The future is limited only by doubt, and imagination is as vast and ever-expanding as heaven. Be brave and embrace this perfect day.
That's enough to get me to sleep tonight. Sweet dreams.