Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Nicholson signs book deal with Amazon

The third-person caption is to help with those keyword searches...the media gurus tell me to do so.

As first announced through my newsletter, I have signed with Amazon to publish two books with their Thomas & Mercer thriller imprint. Liquid Fear and its sequel Chronic Fear will be released on Dec. 20. Liquid Fear will remain available in current form until then, but I am working with a developmental editor to make it and the sequel even better!

I will be blogging elsewhere about my reasons for doing this, since I don't want to dwell too much on writer talk here at the blog. The short answer is Amazon is the best publisher on Earth and knows more about selling books than any entity in history. Amazon, with its Kindle, already helped me fulfill my dream of writing full time as a career, and this relationship will open up plenty more opportunities and freedom in the years ahead.

So if you don't have Liquid Fear, I think it's still on sale for 99 cents in some places but the price is going up soon. And, of course, once Amazon publishes, the books will only be available through the Kindle and in select print outlets. Good times. Thanks much for your support, especially those who stuck with me when I was practically invisible in the literary world. What a difference a few years and some faith can make!

###

P.S. I could be crass and say my guide The Indie Journey tells how I did it, but I believe more importantly it shows how YOU can do it! Also, check out Be Nicholson's Agent! for huge September giveaways--yes, I am giving away 15 percent of my income for the month...

34 comments:

Bookhound78 said...

Hip, hip, hooray!

Big congrats, Scott.

-Neal

Vicki said...

Congratulations, Scott! That is awesome news. Who says you can’t have the best of both worlds? :)

Cheers
Vicki

Nicholas La Salla said...

BRAVO! This is tremendous news. Amazon is turning out to be quite the publisher! May I ask: did they come to you or do they have some kind of submission process now?

Have a great day man!

Best,

Nick

Author Scott Nicholson said...

Thanks, Neal and Vicki. I say the best of ALL worlds.

Nicholas, as far as I know they are still selecting authors. I have never seen any sub process. I am sure they will be nabbing many others as well.

Donna said...

Congratulations, Scott. Kindle has been a real career-changer for so many of us.

Continued success!

Author Scott Nicholson said...

thanks, Donna. Good times indeed.

StephTheBookworm said...

Hey, congratulations!

John Hornor said...

Hey! Congratulations, Scott! I only hear great things about Amazon as a publisher from my buddy John Rector, who'll be your imprint-mate (if that's even a word).

Very happy for you, man! This is huge.

Brenda Wallace said...

Very interesting. Naturally, Amazon knows how to select talent. In which blog will you be discussing the reasons? Congratulations, Scott!

Layton Green said...

Scott,
So happy for you! You're a helluva (online) guy and a great author and I'll be supporting you all the way!

Layton Green

Lexi said...

Congratulations Scott - good old Amazon!

David H. Burton said...

Scott, awesome news! Congrats!! I can see why they picked you up. You've got a great style and Liquid Fear was brilliant. Way to go!

Karen McQuestion said...

Woo hoo, congratulations! What fabulous news. I can attest that the Amazon publishing team is an absolute pleasure to work with. Enjoy the ride!

Ruth Barrett said...

This is very exciting news! Well done, Scott! WOOT!!

Author Scott Nicholson said...

@steph thanks!

@john you're not doing too bad yourself ;)

@brenda I will probably do a few different guest posts and give a different reason each time...I want to be the David Bowie of thriller fiction

@lexi thanks for your inspiration and trailblazing

@david I ain't bragging but there's only one way to get Scottified fiction

@karen good to join you!

@Ruth thanks for the woot! I haven't had one in a while


@layton just keep writing and it will all happen for you, too

Douglas Dorow said...

Fantastic! Talent, hard work and perseverance pays off!

Keep writing and enjoying life :)

Eric Christopherson said...

Congratulations, Scott! (Nice hat by the way.)

Debra L Martin said...

Congratulations Scott! That is so fantastic. So very happy for you. Wishing you even more success!

Author Scott Nicholson said...

thanks Doug, Eric, and Debra. It's fun when our community shares the good news and we all pull for one another!

Shaun said...

Way to go, Scott :)

author Christa Polkinhorn said...

You deserve it you lucky devil!
Christa

Author Scott Nicholson said...

@shaun thanks for being there from the beginning!

@christa, you too, you have been a very tireless and patient supporter and I am happy to see good things happening for you as well! Yes, I do believe in luck!

Al Leverone said...

Congratulations! It couldn't happen to a nicer, harder-working, or more talented guy.

Frances said...

Congratulations! Sweet! I am so happy for you!! Your books are awesome. I am so excited!

The Remembrance Tree said...

...you deserve it my friend. Enjoy.

Author Scott Nicholson said...

thanks Al, Cristina, and Garry, I truly appreciate it. I am a little amazed today at just where I am compared to where I was a few years ago.

Aiden James said...

That is fantastic news, Scott! :-)

Author Scott Nicholson said...

thanks, Aiden, may it happen to you as well!

Unknown said...

Well best of luck in the Amazon Army. I already have it bought and waiting to be read. Just read the review for it over at Chizine too, which makes me all the more eager to whittle down my TBR pile.

LK Watts said...

Congratulations, Scott! I wish you all the very best in the future.

R.E. McDermott said...

Scott. I've been on the road so I'm a a bit behind the curve on the congratulations thing. I gotta say though, if there was ever an example of reaping what you sow (in a totally good way), it has to be you. Congrats and continued good karma.

Bob

V.K. Scott said...

Congrats, Scott! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Author Scott Nicholson said...

hi Gef, LK, Bob, and VK, thanks very much for stopping by!

Lindsay Buroker said...

Congratulations on the deal, Scott!

For those thinking about it, The Indie Journey is a great read, so definitely check it out. :)