Monday, May 17, 2010

Quick bits and bobs

Fanaticon in Asheville was a blast--Dan, Miles, Gina, Scott Kimberlin the T-shirt genius, and Mickey, hello! I got to see my first actual iPad, and it was much smaller than I thought it would be. I am not that interested int he device but I love what it does with comics. I think there's a revolution about to happen there, including a change in the storytelling medium and the dance and rhythm of panels. I'm not much of a visual artist, but as a storyteller it certainly merits close attention.

We're very close to release of the Grave Conditions and Dirt trade paperbacks--still ad space available, $25 for a quarter-page ad gets you in with Brian Keene, J.A. Konrath, Jonathan Maberry, Stephen Susco, William Harms and plenty more. Old-school horror comics shorts in the tradition of Tales from the Crypt, Creepy, and Eerie.

Me-ness on the Internet: the cool site Feo Amante has a feature on Drummer Boy; podcast archives are up at Funky Werepig and Seattle Geekly. I have an article coming out this week in Helen Ginger's free writing newsletter "Doing It Write," you can sign up at doingitwrite-subscribe@topica.com. Link to cool person of the day: Kewber, the artist for the Dirt series. Thanks, Kew, for all your great work!

No comments: