Saturday, January 15, 2011

Archer McFall--the sequel

Since The Red Church is a perennial favorite and Drummer Boy is gaining ground, I have been exploring the idea of writing the third book in the "Littlefield series." While many of my earlier novels reference other fictional locations in Windhsake, Pickett County, and Whispering Pines, as well as Black Rock, these two books both have Sheriff Littlefield as a prominent character (though they are separate sets of events, Littlefield has a few "WTF" moments because he knows more than anyone).

My idea at this point its to bring Ronnie Day from The Red Church and Bobby Eldreth from Drummer Back back, and this time they are in high school. An older, more dissipated and perhaps bitter Sheriff Frank Littlefield (think: if Clint Eastwood did for Dirty Harry what he did to his western persona in Unforgiven) and that's where I headed. And, of course, Archer McFall is now back in town. Maybe in the same form, maybe not.

Do you have any ideas to share along those lines? Just guessing, I'd say the cover is likely to be red... Thanks.
###

3 comments:

author Christa Polkinhorn said...

Boy, I love the idea of reading more about Ronnie Day, Bobby Eldreth, and Sheriff Littlefield. I read those books quite a while ago, but those characters stuck with me. So go ahead!
Christa

Bookhound78 said...

I still need to read DRUMMER BOY! I'm going to move that one up and read it soon. I'll let you know if I have any ideas.

-Neal

Debby said...

There must be a sequal as you left us with Melanie pregnant. We want more McFall stuff! Love your books.