Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Widget World

After some research, I've finally cracked the arcane secrets to having my very own Amazon Kindle widget, which you can see here to the right. I look forward to exploring more ways to use these and I'm also getting my Barnes & Noble affiliate account.

If you want your own Scott Nicholson Amazon Kindle, I'd be happy to send you the code, and if you're an Amazon affiliate, you can easily set it up to earn 4 to 6 percent commission on sales of my books. Money earned while sitting at home in dirty sweat pants, just like me. Who says I don't love you?

###

7 comments:

Brenda Wallace said...

Interesting. I'm studying Amazon's information about its widgets and Affiliates Program. I was planning on featuring you and Chryse Wymer on my website when I got that site up, anyway. Would that take money away from you, though, if I did the affiliate thing rather than just putting Amazon links to your books? Thank you for sharing.

Author Scott Nicholson said...

No, Brenda, you get the 4 to 6 percent (I think you have to generate 7 sales before you get up to 6 percent and it can go up from there.) I end up with the same royalty no matter where the sale comes from.

Essentially, the affiliate cut comes from Amazon profit. Win win.

Scott

Brenda Wallace said...

Ohhhh. I like that!

Claudia Lefeve said...

Hmmm, I just recently joined Amazon Affiliates for the anthologies that my shorts were in. I just may have to put up a "recommendations" widget (with you added of course!)

Author Scott Nicholson said...

Sure, Claudia, it's an easy way to make money if you like books and you have people coming to your site!

Scott

author Christa Polkinhorn said...

Is there a difference between Amazon Affiliates and Amazon Associates? I think they are the same, right?
Christa

Author Scott Nicholson said...

Hmm I don't know, there are different kinds of accounts. Associates ell their stuff through the site, I believe. Affiliates just put up links (like the old Amway marketing)

Scott