Monday, January 3, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch

We had so much fun putting together If I Were Your Monster for Kindle and Nook and paper (its page is now up at my site) that Sergio Castro and I are working on a version of The Pumpkin Patch, adapted from our little-read comic Little Shivers (Only 20 copies were printed, so if you happen to have one, seal it in plastic and put your kid through college).

Sergio did brilliant work on both Grave Conditions and the Dreamboat project that is still being shopped. As soon as I post this blog I am adapting the comic script into a text story for 8/9 year olds.

Oddly enough, Monster is selling really well for Nook but very little for Kindle. I wonder if it's because of the color Nook. Monster looks okay in grayscale on Kindle but looks really clear on Kindle for PC app. The Pumpkin Patch will be a good addition to the family.
###

5 comments:

Charlie Pulsipher said...

Good luck. Looks like fun.

Jeff said...

Just got my signed Monster! I love it and have only shared it with everyone near me since I got it. It is Seuss-like and I enjoy the rhyme. Well done. Can't wait for the other kids books you mention above. Have a great and exciting year Scott.

Jeff

Bookhound78 said...

Looking forward to adding this one to my kids' collection. They both love the Monster book.

-Neal

Author Scott Nicholson said...

Thnaks, all, I am rewriting Pumpkin to make it more Seussian.

author Christa Polkinhorn said...

I think the color does make a difference. Books with drawings and graphics for kids are more fun in color.
Christa